Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Ladyboys

 Screw that 8 hours of sleep! Honestly, I barely get to achieve that kind of sleep. As you know, I work as and ESL tutor; I work from 2-11 in the evening (Manila time) and I get to go home around midnight and I swear, it's so hard to sleep at that time. So I waste my precious sleeping time watching T.V.


FYI: I am so good when it comes to surfing, channel surfing that is. LOL Every now and then I flip and flip and flip channels until I get what I wanted to watch. Most of the time, I end up watching cartoons ('cause I am a super big fan of it! *wink) but later than 1:30AM I get to watch shows like Jersey Shore, Ice Loves Coco, RuPaul's Drag Race, Keeping Up with the Kardashian and theit spin offs too, btw which are my favorites too! Haha! And lots more!

But out of all, RuPaul's Drag Race got my attention the most. Reading only it's name gives you an idea what the show is all about. But at first, I literally have no idea what the heck a drag queen was after the very first episode that I've watch. It was fun, I mean seriously? Guys in gowns and heavy make up? You've got to be kidding me now!

 RuPaul playing President Barak Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama.

I don't know anything about make ups and gowns or whatsoever but I do find them very interesting. From a grown ass man turned to a fine vavavoom woman? It's just awesome! And one good thing about the is you can you both pronouns he and she when talking about them. Here are some of my favorite drag queens, of course RuPaul is one of them but here are some more.

This is Yara Sofia in drag, Gabriel Ortiz. Puerto Rican drag queen.

Phi Phi O'Hara

D. J. Pierce better knows as the Afrian American drag queen named Shangela Laquifa Wadley.

My super favorite of all the drag queens in my life, Christopher Roman A.K.A Carmen Carrera. Isn't he so super gorgeous? *melt

Sutan Amrull, Raja or Raja Gemini is one of the smarted queen I've ever seen.

OMG. I swear, I am so proud to be a Filipino knowing that some brethren of mine shines in their chosen career. Drag queen Manila Luzon, Karl Westerberg.


Aren't the so amazing in may ways? Sigh. If only I have that kind of artistic creativity in me. Or maybe I do have one? Hmm? but you know what? Sometimes, I feel insecure knowing that they are more girlier (if there's a word like that) than me.  Oh yeah! Well, that's a wrap.

How about you? What's your favorite pass time?




~ DENISE 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment