Monday, December 3, 2012

Weekend Getaway

It's been a week since I last shared something and the negative vibes are eating me (again). Not so good Monday. Ask me why. Not because today is Monday (well, yeah?), it's just that.. I really don't feel well. I can't move much 'cause all the muscles in me are practically cramp, one wrong touch and I might break you neck! Haha! Just kidding. I miss playing soccer and I feel like all my limbs got stiff 'cause I don't have much time to work out 'cause I was kinda busy for the up coming holidays. Speaking of which, I was busy for two whole weekends now. Last week we celebrated my Dad's birthday and this week, me and my homies when on a road trip.


So yeah, the trip was really awesome tho we didn't do much aside from walking, endless photo shoots and laughing the whole time. It's like wherever you are as long as you are comfortable with the people you are hanging with feeling. And just like to getaway from the toxins that the main city gives you. Tell you the truth, I only had like about 3 hours of sleep (I guess?) before this trip. AND definitely not that I'm super excited (really now?) or what? I just didn't get to sleep well that night. Hahaha!


Morning came (Sunday), I got up really early prepped some snacks to bring and head out to my girl Michi's place to meet with the others. I also brought along my little brother, Nikko 'cause he said that he hasn't been there. And an hour later we head south. Destination: City of Tagaytay, Cavite, Philippines.

View from Tagaytay Highlands.

Tagaytay City is a very popular destinations 'cause the weather is not as hot as hell like in the main city where I live. As you can see in the picture above, it also has this really breath talking site, over looking the Taal Lake in Batangas, a very iconic view of the Philippine's Taal Volcano. Actually there are boat ride offers to go near the volcano but we didn't go, we just want to enjoy the place for free. Haha!

As we are traveling going there the movie Twilight kept us company. Our girl, Joan is the first person that I know that haven't seen that movie, ever. And she really is the real deal when it comes to that, good thing I bought along the CD that I just got the night before our trip and my brother played my ever so entertaining, amazing PSP all the way there. XD

My brother Nikko and my girl Joan and the emotionless, Bella Swan. Haha!

First stop is Nuvali. It's located at the province of Laguna still along the way to our destination, Tagaytay. It's a really nice place. Our "Dad" Tito Arnel visits the place very often and showed us a little, there you can shop, biking, eat or just ease your mind away from the city. There you can also see, well I think its a man made lagoon with huge amount of Koi Fish. After lurking around for an hour, we continued our way to Tagaytay. And like an hour and half we arrived at our destination.

First on the list was the ever famous People's Park or better known as the "Picnic Grove". The place has lots and lots of pine trees and just the typical forest place, somewhat like the Twilight (movie) forest scene that you can see. Haha! I too visit Tagaytay once in a while, the last time I was there was like around August 2010 (if my memory serve me right tho) for my Auntie's birthday celebration. Back then I tried the zip line. It was fun 'cause my Auntie was really freaked out. So this time, I let my lil bro have that experience too.

Oopsie... The picture are kinda small 'cause my cam's been program for Instagram like photos. Imma change it next time. :P

Next is lunch, I didn't eat anything that day yet tho we packed food enough for like an over night trip. Haha! I was really looking forward for lunch 'cause Tagaytay has that rather cold weather so eating hot dishes is the best. And I don't mean spicy by the words hot, boiling hot is what I meant by that. But we have to travel like 30 minutes away from the Picnic Grove just to get there. Also we have to wait for the very "slow" service as well.  But I guess, it's worth the waut. We ate at Green ATS Restautant, another favorite place of Tito Nel when he and his colleagues are there. We had the Bulalo (Knee cap) with filing, Tawilis (a fish that can only be seen in the province of Batangas), some stir fry veggies and Coconut juice and meat for dessert.


Like my y brother said that the food was awesome but the service kinda sucks. Okay, after stuffing our rather hungry stomachs we went for another long drive, spending our time at church named Caleruega. You can check Caleruega Church in Nasugbu, the  province of Batangas. The place has a tag line saying "Close to Nature, Closer to God". It's like a super good place to mediate and to recollect all your thoughts.

Stair way to heaven? Haha!

And after the church visit we head home. Still the installment movie New Moon of the Twilight Saga kept us really company in the middle of the head-aching traffic. BUT! This trip won't be complete without out personal favorites those "epic"jump shots that we really really love. So here are some of the crazy shots that my cam captured.

Left, is was an awesome timing that Janelle was underneath Nikko when I took this shot. Above, was out first shot, we were at Nuvali then. Below, was at the Caleruega church. Right, and my god-daughter Janelle was really cute here.

True! IT'S MORE FUN IN THE PHILIPPINES!

My weekend was another blasting moment that would be forever etched in my memory. Hey! What about yours, I'd like to hear your weekend story. :)

Thank for reading.




~ DENSIE



No comments:

Post a Comment