Monday, October 15, 2012

3rd World Champion

Are you ready to rumble?!

Yeah! That's how Michael Buffer puts it away. It's so cool when he opens for the main fight. Truth is, I'm not very keen with sports; as long as I know what is right and wrong, win or lose I'm totally good with it. Never was I the athlete type of person but I did try a lot of stuff like, badminton (I'm kinda good there but I'd still improve for sure), soccer (it's a tiring sport; I'm not very sure if I can keep up with the training tho), tennis (Oh! This is one of the best that I've tried so far), basketball (well, I can dribble but can't shoot well, practice tho) and volleyball (OMG! I so own this sport! Haha!)

So over the weekend (don't I just love weekend stories?), my dad was watching TV, boxing. Boxing is very big nowadays, specially if the fighters are so well known. So yes, the fight was between Nonito "The Filipino Flash" Donaire (one handsome dude, if I must say. Haha!) from Talibon, Bohol, Philippines and Toshiaki "Speed King" Nishioka who's from Kakogawa, Hyogo, Japan.

Nonito Donaire and Toshiaki Nishioka

It sure was one bad ass fight tho. They are kinda' head to head tho. According to the data when it comes to height and reach, Nishioka can definitely dominate the fight. But NO. Haha! Filipinos are known to be short but this Nonito's one short but troublesome dude. I'm trying to be fair as much as I can here, honestly. I was never rooting for anybody, I just watch. This fight is so different form my point of understanding. Neither of them underestimated their opponents rather, they encouraged one other to have a good fight.

I enjoyed it, really. First few rounds, it was kind of boring 'cause they were very observant of each other but as the fight gets heated, Nishioka opens a little but gets back thrice as hard. Nonito moves a little, show what he's made of and goes for a point. The fight was kinda flashy, they are both known for speed but it all went down to whom has the most power.


Nishioka first fell down on the 6th round, but I wasn't very attentive while watching 'cause it was not my thing to watch boxing in the first place but he got back by hurting Nonito in the face (I think?).  Just like I mentioned earlier as the fight gets heated they started to throw hard punches. And 9th round comes, YES! The super round, Nishioka was knocked down with a straight punch. I think, the reason for his defeat was his consciousness of Nonito's uppercut. Surely, everyone getting hit by it would definitely go down.

  
Nishioka tried hard to continue the fight but the Ref called its TKO. I have to give it to them for putting an awesome, awesome show for the fans. Tho Nishioka lost, he was one tough fighter.

The Philippines is not much of a rich country but I'm pretty confident of what we can do for us to be successful in one thing. I'm proud to be a Pinoy no matter what, good or bad just whatever.

Thank you for reading. :)

It's more fun in the Philippines!

MABUHAY ANG LAHING PILIPINO, MABUHAY ANG BANSANG PILIPINAS!
(LONG LIVE THE FILIPINOS, LONG LIVE THE PHILIPPINES!)



~ DENISE


















No comments:

Post a Comment